Monday, October 29, 2007

UFC 185: Battle of the Bulge



Hello, my blog friends. How's life treatin' ya? Halloween is this week - woo hoo! As many of you know, this is my favorite time of year! I love to see all of the costumes and scaries. Drew is going to be a skeleton (not MY choice) and the Little Miss is going to be a ballerina. Clara and her mom are suppose to come over for some treatin' and eatin' - ha, I just thought of that - I'm funny. (I promise I am not drinking - it's 3:00!). 3:00 and we're waiting on a call back from CareNow to take Drew back up there to have them look at this....



No, not his teeth. (He thinks he's pretty funny). But, the nice little gash across his nose. I received the call on Friday that I knew would come one day, but I was dreading. "Lisha, you need to come get Drew, he's probably going to need stitches." Ugh! Poor thing... he tripped and planted his face right into the slide at school. Of course, you know me, always the calm one. "Bobby, Drew hurt himself - What do I do? Where do I take him? To Dr. Kaplan? To the emergency room? To the care clinic? Can you come home? Meet us there? Help!" Sigh..... Anyhoo... I took him to the CareNow just about 3 minutes from his school. They gave me the option to have it glued or to have stitches. I couldn't stand the thought of him getting stitches, so I opted for the glue. It was easy, painless, and he was back to rolling around on the floor by that night!

We had a nice weekend with Uncle Eric and Aunt Jen. Unfortunately, I do not have many pictures because my camera died. I did manage to eeck out a couple of my yummy potato casserole that I made for breakfast. Anyone who has had dinner here multiple times has probably had my potatoes supreme. They are quick and easy and I make them a lot! Well, I was eating them the other day and thought - hmmmm.... I can add ham to this and make a breakfast casserole. So... that's what I did:






POTATOES SUPREME - BREAKFAST STYLE!
1 bag cubed potatoes
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz. sour cream
2 cups of mild cheddar cheese
1 small to medium onion, chopped
12 oz. cubed ham
1/2 cup melted butter (mmmm)
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons of dijon mustard (grainy) - I did steal this little ingredient from another breakfast casserole recipe - thanks, Rayne!
8-9 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
1 bunch chopped chives

Combine all ingredients (except the bacon and chives). Cook at 425 for one hour. Sprinkle with the bacon and chives and serve - easy cheesy and delicious! So, let me know if you try it, like it, love it, gain 10 pounds from it!

Speaking of... Bobby and I love the UFC (Ultimate Fighting for anyone who doesn't know). We use to buy all of the Pay-Per-View fights, we watch the reality show, etc... So... in the spirit of the UFC (no, we're not body slamming each other), we decided, along with my brother and Jen, to have our own UFC - Ultimate Fit Challenge - complete with nicknames, of course!

Eric "The Pounds Have Fled" Domstead
Jennifer "Sweet Tooth" Domstead
Bobby "Lighter" Snyder
Lisha "I still don't have a nickname" Snyder

This is where YOU come in. For all of the 5 people that may read my blog, I need you to vote on a nickname for me! I tried to add a nifty poll, but I keep getting errors, so take a minute to vote (leave me a comment)! It's crucial to my success in this challenge! I wanted "Go Figure" - you know, kind of a play on words, but they said that was lame :(. I thought it was clever. Here are your options:

Lisha "I'll Have Fries with That" Snyder
Lisha "Hold The Mayo" Snyder
Lisha "Are You Gonna Eat That?" Snyder
Lisha "Go Figure" Snyder
Or, come up with your own name for me - be nice!!!!

I had to take a pic of the Little Miss in her first pair of tights! She can finally wear them, so we wore them with a little mini-skirt to the baby shower for my dear, sweet friend Amy (Rollins) Maxwell this weekend. I have known Amy since about the 4th grade! She's having her 3rd baby, a girl, Lexey DeeAnn!



And, here's a pic of the darling little ones whose birthday party we went to this weekend. Luke turned 2 and his sister, Aly, turned 4! Aren't they precious!



Okay, friends, I am off for now. Thanks for checking in!
Eric and Jen, thanks for a fun weekend!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about, Lisha "I'm sorry I took half your hallween candy, Drew, it's just not suitable to eat. wink....wink" Snyder

Dana said...

I like either:

Lisha "i'll have fries with that" Snyder

or

Lisha "Go Figure" Snyder

Anonymous said...

I like Eric's...heehee
Ok, really I liked Lisha "Go Figure" Snyder best. I tried for about 1.5 minutes to think of my own but failed. I'll let you know if something comes to me in the middle of the night ;)