Friday, October 26, 2007

Clara Kate and Other Things I 'Heart'



What a bad blogger, step-mom, daughter-in-law I have been! I completely missed two very important birthdays - only in the blog world, though - I am not that forgetful!
.
Clara Kate Snyder blessed this world 14 years ago on October 15. I met Clara when she was around 5. She was, and still is, the sweetest little thing. Whether waking us up in the mornings when she was SEVEN to ask if she could make us breakfast or calling during my pregnancies to see how I was feeling - Clara is always thinking about others first. She's smart, funny and my goodness is she photogenic....




.
So to Clara, let's raise a glass (of root beer, of course) and say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Another special birthday that deserves a tribute is that of BOB MURFIN. Daddy Bob, Papa, Billy Bob. This, of course, is Bobby's step-dad Bob who turned ?! on October 14. Happy, Happy Birthday, Bob - a wonderful father-in-law who can dish it out as well as he can take it - my kind of man!

.
Okay, so on to the "other things I 'heart'". I keep telling Bobby I want to start a list for the fridge. Anyone in the family can stop by and jot down something they LOVE. Other than the obvious - family, etc... Just things that make us say "Awww... THIS is life". It can be something as simple as a rainy day or something as profound as the birth of our children! Here are some of mine, and I do think I will start this list - today! I can't wait to get a little insight on what makes my family happy!
.
I LOVE:
A good cup of coffee in the morning
Cold sheets in a warm bedroom
A rainy day (when I can stay home and relax)
Cuddling with my babies
A good, deep conversation with Carrine, Clara or Bobby
Massages!
.
What do YOU 'heart'????
.
Okay, so I tend to think I am the witty one in the family, but dern if that hubby of mine doesn't have a little funny in him! In sharing some pics of Kenna with some of his friends, one commented that she looked just like him. They asked if any of his other kids looked as much like him and here was his response:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Oh... the suspense.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
You ready.....?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


That made me laugh - I mean hard. I sat down in front of the computer this morning and saw that on e-mail - hilarious.
.
Well, have a wonderful weekend, my friends. We have Aunt Jen and Uncle Eric visiting us this weekend along with a double birthday party and a baby shower. Whew. I need a nap already!
.
Adios!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, you made my evening! I need a bit of your positivity and appreciation for living tonight! You just made me plain smile. You are so good. Ok, so I LOVE hearing my boys giggle. I could go on & on...and think I will on my own list. Nice to be reminded to be grateful for all those little things. Hope you have a fab weekend with your fam! xoxo

The Spaulding Family said...

Bwahahaha!...Okay, that pic of "little Bobbie" was hilarious. Mr. Bobby is quite funny, huh? Talk about almost making me choke on my saliva. Your "I HEART" sentiments were great and I think we may start the same type of list around our house and how appropriate with that THANKFUL time of the year coming up...this way it keeps going all year round. You are a true inspiration! Have a fun weekend. "I HEART"... YOUR FRIENDSHIP! Hugs, R.