Friday, October 19, 2007

Great Friends, Great Weather

A few years ago, I met a business associate (April) for lunch. During our conversation, we discovered that both of our husband's had an interest in paddling (kayaks/canoes). At that time, Bobby was just getting into it and her husband, Jason, had apparently been doing it for several years. That lunch led to the boys e-mailing about paddling, which lead to them meeting to paddle. April and I actually never saw each other after that day, as she left that company soon after to go to work for another company. Over the years, however, I have seen her husband and her son, Ayden, several times at races, etc... This past weekend, we had them over for dinner. What a delightful time (did I really just type DELIGHTFUL?)! However, it was! We found out that not only do BOTH of our kids have birthdays just one day apart (Ayden - Feb. 24, Drew - Feb. 25; Eliot - July 11, Kenna - July 10), but April and I both are account managers in telecom and our husbands are both project managers!!! Now, Ayden is 2 years older than Drew and Bobby and Jason work in different industries, but come on - weird huh? (Insert the theme to the Twilight Zone here!). We truly had such a great time with them - we have a lot in common, and I am so looking forward to getting to know them better. We'll see them again tomorrow (Saturday) for The Trinity River Challenge (kayak/canoe race), and we also have a short trip planned in December. Drew loves his new friend, Ayden and wants him to "Come spend the night sometime".


Ayden and Drew - new buddies!


Love this... the guys both feeding the babies!!


Eliot (Ellie) Awww....




Last weekend, we also headed to the pumpkin patch. It was in Selina, which was a longer drive than I thought it would be. Drew had a great time, though, and some of these pictures from that day still make me laugh. He was scouring the field for that perfect pumpkin! It was a little windy and overcast, but cool. I so 'heart' this weather! I bought a yummy creme' brulee candle from Williamson County Candle Company and I have been burning it everyday while enjoying this nice weather that we are FINALLY getting! So, enjoy this weather, enjoy these pictures and until next time.... :)


This cracks me up...


Hmmm... too small.

Nah, these don't feel right.


I think this is the one, Mom!

Thinking Boy











1 comment:

Blessed said...

Lisha,

Your kids are both so very cute! If you don't mind me asking, where did you get Drew's tractor shirt and the matching Halloween outfits. I love them both!!